You are browsing content specific to your location, some treatments may not be available:
Uterine Problem and Infertility
What are Fibroids & Polyps and How do they impact fertility?
1. Can uterine fibroids lead to infertility?Yes, it can cause infertility. Almost 35-40% of women in reproductive age can have it.
Fibroids growing inside uterine cavity are real threat. Multiple uterine fibroids in myometrium or large fibroids >5-7 cm can cause infertility. However, mostly, women can conceive naturally.
2. Could uterine polyps be the reason for my infertility?Uterine polyps can indeed bring on infertility. They may interfere with implantation, embryo development, etc.
3. Do most women with uterine fibroids or polyps go through infertility?Uterine fibroids or polyps do not always result in infertility. Various factors, like polyps or fibroids' size, location, etc., determine the outcome.
4. Is surgery necessary to remove uterine polyps or fibroids?No, surgery is not always necessary. If fibroids or polyps are small enough, they may disappear without surgery. For large-sized polyps or fibroids, surgery is required to improve fertility.
5. Can women with uterine fibroids or polyps conceive naturally?It is possible to conceive naturally if fibroids or polyps are tiny and asymptomatic. The uterine cavity and fertility are unaffected by benign fibroids or polyps. Some polyps can also shed with menstrual flow.