1. Full Professor and Chairperson, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Koc University School of Medicine, Turkey.
2. Founding Director of the IVF Units at Uludag University (2011 – 2014) and Koç University (2015 – 2021).
3. Performed over 5,000 IVF cycles
4. Graduate of Istanbul School of Medicine, 1998
5. Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency at Vakıf Gureba Hospital between 1999 - 2003.
6. Assisted Reproductive Technology Clinical Training in 2005 at the American Hospital of Istanbul,
7. Clinical and Research Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at McGill University, Montreal, Canada, between 2008-2011
8. Masters Degree in Clinical Trials from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine,
9. Has over 150 publications in leading journals and textbooks to his credit.
10. Served/serves in the editorial boards of leading journals in the field, including Human Reproduction Update, Human Reproduction, Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology Canada,
11. Turkish Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology among others.
12. President of the Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine, where he has been on the board of directors since 2012.
13. Executive Committee Member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (2019-2023).
14. Holds multiple awards for research, teaching, and quality of patient care from the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine, McGill
15. University, Koç University, and other institutions.
- 2019 – 2021 Chairperson, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Koç University School of Medicine
- 2014 – 2021 Director, Obstetric and Gynecology Services, Koç University Hospital, Istanbul
- 2014 – 2021 Founding Director of Assisted Reproduction Unit, Koç University,
- 2011 – 2014 Founding Director of Assisted Reproduction Unit Uludag University,
- 2005 – 2008 Attending Physician, Women’s Health and Assisted Reproduction Unit, American Hospital of Istanbul
- 2008 – 2011 Clinical and Research Fellowship in Gynecological Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- 2007 – 2010 Master’s Degree in Clinical Trials, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London
- 2005 – 2006 Assisted Reproduction Certification, American Hospital of Istanbul
- 1999 – 2003 Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Bezmi-Alem Hospital, Istanbul
- 1992 – 1998, Medical Degree, Istanbul School of Medicine
His research covers all clinical aspects of female infertility from assisted reproductive technology to gynecological and reproductive surgery. He has over 120 papers to his credit and continues regularly publishing in high-impact leading journals of the field. He has an H index of 24 in Web of Science, 30 in Google Scholar.
He has edited several books and contributed chapters to numerous books in the field including Speroff’s Clinical Gynecological Endocrinology and Infertility, the Textbook of Assisted Reproductive Technology.
- Yildiz S, Turkgeldi E, Kalafat E, Keles I, Gokyer D, Ata B. Do live birth rate and obstetric outcomes vary between immediate and delayed embryo transfers following freeze-all cycles? Journal of Gynecology Obstetrics and Human Reproduction 2021 in press.
- Ata B, Gianaroli L, Lundin K, Saria M, Mocanu E, Rautakallio-Hokkanen S, Tapananinen J, Vermeullen N, Veiga A. Outcome of SARS CoV2 infected medically assisted reproduction pregnancies. Human Reproduction 2021 in press
- Turkgeldi E, Ata B. Premature ovulation; is any risk small enough to take when avoidable? Reprod Biomed Online. 2021 Jul 23:S1472-6483(21)00348-5. doi: 10.1016/j.rbmo.2021.07.008. Online ahead of print.
- Ata B, Kalafat E, Somigliana E. A new definition of recurrent implantation failure on the basis of anticipated blastocyst aneuploidy rates across female age. Fertil Steril. 2021 Jul 28:S0015-0282(21)00558-6. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2021.06.045. Online ahead of print.
- Shakerian B, Turkgeldi E, Yildiz S, Keles I, Ata B. Endometrial thickness is not predictive for live birth after embryo transfer, even without a cutoff. Fertil Steril. 2021 Jul;116(1):130-137.
- Ata B, Telek SB. Assisted reproductive technology for women with endometriosis, a clinically oriented review. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2021 Jun 1;33(3):225-231.
- Seyhan A, Akin OD, Ertaş S, Ata B, Yakin K, Urman B. A Survey of Women Who Cryopreserved Oocytes for Non-medical Indications (Social Fertility Preservation). Reprod Sci. 2021 Aug;28(8):2216-2222.
- Isikoglu M, Avci A, Kendirci Ceviren A, Aydınuraz B, Ata B. Conventional IVF revisited: Is ICSI better for non-male factor infertility? Randomized controlled double blind study. J Gynecol Obstet Hum Reprod. 2020 Nov 19;50(7):101990. doi: 10.1016/j.jogoh.2020.101990. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33221561.
- ESHRE COVID-19 Working Group, Gianaroli L, Ata B, Lundin K, Rautakallio-Hokkanen S, Tapanainen JS, Vermeulen N, Veiga A, Mocanu E. The calm after the storm: re-starting ART treatments safely in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Hum Reprod. 2021 Jan 25;36(2):275-282.
- Ata B, Capuzzo M, Turkgeldi E, Yildiz S, La Marca A. Progestins for pituitary suppression during ovarian stimulation for ART: a comprehensive and systematic review including meta-analyses. Hum Reprod Update. 2021 Jan 4;27(1):48-66. doi: 10.1093/humupd/dmaa040. PMID: 33016316.
- Ata B. Haste makes waste: don't rush for a fresh embryo transfer in high responders. Hum Reprod. 2020 Dec 1;35(12):2660-2662. doi: 10.1093/humrep/deaa257. PMID: 33011785.
- Yildiz S, Yakin K, Ata B, Oktem O. There is a cycle to cycle variation in ovarian response and pre-hCG serum progesterone level: an analysis of 244 consecutive IVF cycles. Sci Rep. 2020 Sep 25;10(1):15793. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-72597-0. PMID: 32978461; PMCID: PMC7519678.
- Alonso Pacheco L, Ata B, Bettocchi S, Campo R, Carugno J, Checa MA, de Angelis C, Di Spiezio Sardo A, Donnez J, Farrugia M, Ferro J, Franchini M, Garzon S, Gianaroli L, Gergolet M, Gubbini G, Gordts S, Grimbizis G, Haimovich S, Laganà AS, Li TC, Mencaglia L, Rienzi L, Saravelos S, Soares SR, Tanos V, Ubeda A, Ubaldi FM, Van Herendael B, Vereczkey A, Vitagliano A, Vitale SG, Zullo F. Septate uterus and reproductive outcomes: let's get serious about this. Hum Reprod. 2020 Nov 1;35(11):2627-2629. doi: 10.1093/humrep/deaa230. PMID: 32968815.
- ESHRE COVID-19 Working Group, Vermeulen N, Ata B, Gianaroli L, Lundin K, Mocanu E, Rautakallio-Hokkanen S, Tapanainen JS, Veiga A. A picture of medically assisted reproduction activities during the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe. Hum Reprod Open. 2020 Aug 17;2020(3):hoaa035. doi: 10.1093/hropen/hoaa035. PMID: 32821857; PMCID: PMC7430925.
- Turkgeldi E, Yildiz S, Cekic SG, Shakerian B, Keles I, Ata B. Effectiveness of the flexible progestin primed ovarian stimulation protocol compared to the flexible GnRH antagonist protocol in women with decreased ovarian reserve. Hum Fertil (Camb)
- 2020 Jul 16;1-7. doi: 10.1080/14647273.2020.1794060. Online ahead of print.
- Turkgeldi E, Hanege BY, Yildiz S, Keles I, Ata B. Subcutaneous versus vaginal progesterone for vitrified-warmed blastocyst transfer in artificial cycles. Reprod Biomed Online 2020 Aug;41(2):248-253.
- Alexandru P, Cekic SG, Yildiz S, Turkgeldi E, Ata B. Progestins versus GnRH analogues for pituitary suppression during ovarian stimulation for assisted reproductive technology: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Reprod Biomed Online. 2020 Jun;40(6):894-903.
- Avci B, Kasapoglu I, Cakir C, Ozbay A, Ata B, Uncu G. Fertilisation and early embryonic development of immature and rescue in vitro-matured sibling oocytes. Hum Fertil (Camb). 2020 Jan 17:1-10.
- Bilir E, Yıldız Ş, Yakın K, Ata B. The impact of dysmenorrhea and premenstrual syndrome on academic performance of college students, and their willingness to seek help. Turk J Obstet Gynecol. 2020 Sep;17(3):196-201.
- Yildiz S, Turkgeldi E, Angun B, Eraslan A, Urman B, Ata B. Comparison of a novel flexible progestin primed ovarian stimulation protocol and the flexible gnrh antagonist protocol for assisted reproductive technology. Fertil Steril. 2019 Oct;112(4):677-683.
- Yilmaz Hanege B, Guler Cekic S, Ata B. Effects of endometrioma per se and its surgical treatment on ovarian reserve. Facts Views Vis Obgyn. 2019 Jun;11(2):151-157.
- Ozerkan K, Orhan A, Kasapoglu I, Ata B, Uncu G. Laparoscopic sacral colpopexy with polyester fiber suture: Ozerkan modification. Int Urogynecol J. 2020 Aug;31(8):1601-1607.
- Ata B, Seyhan A, Seli E. Diminished ovarian reserve versus ovarian aging: overlaps and differences. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2019 Jun;31(3):139-147.
- Mercan R, Mercan S, Durmaz B, Sur H, Kilciksiz CM, Kacar AS, Apaydin Z, Ayhan C, Ata B. Sexual dysfunction in women with human papilloma virus infection in the Turkish population. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2019 Jul;39(5):659-663.
- Ata B, Yildiz S, Turkgeldi E, Brocal VP, Dinleyici EC, Moya A, Urman B. The Endobiota Study: Comparison of Vaginal, Cervical and Gut Microbiota Between Women with Stage 3/4 Endometriosis and Healthy Controls. Sci Rep. 2019 Feb 18;9(1):2204.
- Hatirnaz S, Ata B, Hatırnaz E, Basbug A, Tannus S. Dual oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer in the same cycle for women with premature ovarian insufficiency. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Apr;145(1):23-27.
- Kuspinar G, Kasapoglu I, Cakır C, Ata B, Uncu G, Avcı B. What is the effect of embryo morphology on serum β-hCG levels? Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019 Feb;233:107-113.
- Bildik G, Akin N, Seyhan A, Esmaeilian Y, Yakin K, Keles I, Balaban B, Ata B, Urman B, Oktem O. Luteal granulosa cells from natural cycles are more capable of maintaining their viability, steroidogenic activity and LH receptor expression than those of stimulated IVF cycles. Hum Reprod. 2019 Feb 1;34(2):345-355
- Sofiyeva N, Siepmann T, Barlinn K, Seli E, Ata B. Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone Analogs for Gonadal Protection During Gonadotoxic Chemotherapy: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Reprod Sci. 2018 Oct 1:1933719118799203. doi: 10.1177/1933719118799203. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yilmaz B, Vellanki P, Ata B, Yildiz BO. Diabetes mellitus and insulin resistance in mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers of women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Fertil Steril. 2018 Jun 27. pii: S0015-0282(18)30349-2. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2018.04.024.
- Kasapoglu I*, Ata B,* Uyaniklar O, Seyhan A, Orhan A, Yildiz Oguz S, Uncu G. Endometrioma-related reduction in ovarian reserve (ERROR): a prospective longitudinal study. Fertil Steril. 2018 Jul 1;110(1):122-127
- *Co-primary authors
- Ata B, Abou-Setta AM, Seyhan A, Buckett W. Application of seminal plasma to female genital tract prior to embryo transfer in assisted reproductive technology cycles (IVF, ICSI and frozen embryo transfer). Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018 Feb 28;2:CD011809
- Yilmaz B, Vellanki P, Ata B, Yildiz BO. Metabolic syndrome, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia in mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers of women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Fertil Steril. 2018 Feb;109(2):356-364
- Misirlioglu S, Turkgeldi E, Boza A, Oktem O, Ata B, Urman B, Taskiran C. The Clinical Utility of a Pulsed Bipolar System and Its Electrosurgical Device During Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery. 2017 33 (6); 253 – 260.
- Seyhan A, Urman B, Turkgeldi E, Ata B. Do endometriomas grow during ovarian stimulation for assisted reproduction? A three-dimensional volume analysis before and after ovarian stimulation. Reprod Biomed Online. 2018 Feb;36(2):239-244
- Dahan MH, Tannus S, Seyhan A, Tan SL, Ata B. Combined modalities for the prevention of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome following an excessive response to stimulation. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2018 Mar;34(3):252-255..
- Uncu G, Özerkan K, Ata B, Kasapoğlu I, Atalay MA, Orhan A, Aslan K. Anatomic and Functional Outcomes of Paramesonephric Remnant-Supported Laparoscopic Double-Layer Peritoneal Pull-Down Vaginoplasty Technique in Patients with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser Syndrome: Uncu Modification. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2018 Mar - Apr;25(3):498-506.
- Tannus S, Hatirnaz S, Tan J, Ata B, Tan SL, Hatirnaz E, Kenat-Pektas M, Dahan MH. Predictive factors for live birth after in vitro maturation of oocytes in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2018 Jan;297(1):199-204
- Urman B, Boza A, Ata B, Aksu S, Arslan T, Taskiran C. Intraoperative endoscopic ultrasound guidance for laparoscopic excision of invisible symptomatic deep intramural myomas. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2018 Jan;38(1):85-89.
- Mısırlıoğlu S, Türkgeldi E, Yağmur H, Urman B, Ata B. Use of a gelatin-thrombin hemostatic matrix in obstetrics and gynecological surgery. Turk J Obstet Gynecol. 2018 Sep;15(3):193-199
- Hatırnaz Ş, Ata B, Saynur Hatırnaz E, Dahan MH, Tannus S, Tan J, Tan SL. Oocyte in vitro maturation: A sytematic review. Turk J Obstet Gynecol. 2018 Jun;15(2):112-125
- Ata B, Mumusoglu S, Aslan K, Seyhan A, Kasapoglu I, Avci B, Urman B, Bozdag G, Uncu G. Which is worse? Comparison of ART outcome between women with primary or recurrent endometriomas. Hum Reprod. 2017 Jul 1;32(7):1427-1431
- Mumusoglu S, Ata B, Turan V, Demir B, Kahyaoglu I, Aslan K, Seyhan Ata A, Yilmaz B, Yakin K, Avci B, Uncu G, Bozdag G. Does pituitary suppression affect live birth rate in women with congenital hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism undergoing intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection? A multicenter cohort study. Gynecol Endocrinol. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2017 Sep;33(9):728-732.
- Levin D, Hasson J, Cohen A, Or Y, Ata B, Barzilay L, Almog B. The effect of endometrial injury on implantation and clinical pregnancy rates. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2017 Oct;33(10):779-782
- Ata B, Seli E. A universal freeze all strategy; Why it is not warranted. Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2017 Jun;29(3):136-145.
- Coates A, Kung A, Mounts E, Hesla E, Bankowski B, Barbieri E, Ata B, Cohen J, Munne S. Optimal euploid embryo transfer strategy, fresh versus frozen, after preimplantation genetic screening with next generation sequencing: a randomized controlled trial. Fertil Steril. 2017 Mar;107(3):723-730
- Çelik E, Türkçüoğlu I, Ata B, Karaer A, Kırıcı P, Eraslan S, Taşkapan Ç, Berker B. Metabolic and carbonhydrate characteristics of different phenotypes of polycystic ovary syndrome. J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc. 2016 Dec 1;17(4):201-208
- Hatirnaz S, Hatirnaz E, Dahan MH, Tan SL, Ozer A, Kanat Pektas M, Ata B. Is elective single embryo transfer a viable treatment policy in in vitro maturation cycles ? Fertility Sterility 2016 Dec;106(7):1691-1695
- Turkgeldi E, Yagmur H, Seyhan A, Urman B, Ata B. Short and long term outcomes of children conceived with assisted reproductive technology. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016 Dec; 207: 129 - 136.
- Ata B, Urman B. Thrombophilia and assisted reproduction technology-any detrimental impact or unnecessary overuse? J Assist Reprod Genet. 2016 Oct;33(10):1305-1310
- Urman B, Ata B, Arslan T, Aksu S, Taskiran C. Parasitic Myomas and an Adenomyoma Obstructing the Ureter After Power Morcellation of Myomas and Endometriotic Nodule Resection. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2016 Apr;38(4):362-5
- Aksoy S, Yakin K, Seyhan A, Oktem O, Alatas C, Ata B, Urman B. Does the use of gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonists in natural IVF cycles for poor responder patients cause more harm than benefit? Hum Fertil (Camb). 2016 Mar 17:1-5.
- Seyhan A, Ata B, Tan SL, Young WY, Dahan MH. First case of severe late ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome in a patient who was treated with in-vitro maturation of human oocytes and planed short gonadotropin stimulation. Open J Clin Med Case Rep. 2016 Jan: 1066
- Ata B, Seli E. Strategies for controlled ovarian stimulation in the setting of ovarian aging. Seminars in Reproductive Medicine. 2015 Nov;33(6):436-48
- Seyhan A, Ata B, Uncu G. The impact of endometriosis and its treatment on ovarian reserve. Seminars in Reproductive Medicine. 2015 Nov;33(6):422-8
- Hatirnaz S, Hatirnaz E, Ata B. Live birth following early follicular phase oocyte collection and vitrified-warmed embryo transfer 8 days later. Reprod Biomed Online. 2015 Dec;31(6):819-822
- Kaplanoglu M, Bülbül M, Konca C, Kaplanoglu D, Tabak MS, Ata B. Gynecologic age is an important risk factor for obstetric and perinatal outcomes in adolescent pregnancies. Women Birth. 2015 Dec;28(4):e119-23.
- Ata B. A brief history of GnRH agonist trigger and directions for future research. J IVF Reprod Med Genet. 2015, 3: e113.
- Turkgeldi E, Urman B, Ata B. Role of three-dimensional ultrasound in gynecology. The Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology of India: Volume 65, Issue 3 (2015), Page 146-154.
- Urman B, Celik S, Yakin K, Alper E, Balaban B, Ata B. Vaginal progesterone gel for luteal support after cleavage stage embryo transfer, once or twice a day? Journal of Reproductive Medicine. 2015 In press.
- Aslan K, Avci B, Uncu G, Saribal S, Ata B. Scheduling GnRH antagonist cycles by a short course of oral estradiol administration during early follicuar phase; a comparative study with non-scheduled cycles. Gynecological Endocrinology. 2015 Jun;31(6):465-8.
- Messerlian C, Platt RW, Ata B, Tan SL, Basso O. Do the causes of infertility play a direct role in the etiology of preterm birth? Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2015 Mar;29(2):101-12
- Ata B and Uncu G. Impact of endometriomas and their removal on ovarian reserve. Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2015 Jun;27(3):235-41
- Ata B, Turkgeldi E, Seyhan A, Urman B. Effect of hemostatic method on ovarian reserve following laparoscopic endometrioma excision; comparison of suture, hemostatic sealant and bipolar dessication; a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. 2015 March - April;22(3):363-372.
- Topcu Akduman A, Ozerkan K, Zik B, Peker S, Avci B, Ata B. Effect of tamoxifen on ovarian reserve, a randomized controlled assessor blind trial on a mouse model. Journal of Turkish German Gynecological Association 2014; 15: 228 – 232.
- Dahan MH, Ata B, Rosenberg R, Chung JT, Son WY, Tan SL. Collection of 125 oocytes in an in vitro maturation cycle using a new oocyte collection technique: a case report. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2014 Oct;36(10):900-3.
- Ata B, Urman B. Endometrioma excision and ovarian reserve; do assessments by antral follicle count and anti-mullerian hormone yield contradictory results? Human Reproduction. 2014; 29: 2852 - 4.
- Chian RC, Xu C-L, Huang JYJ, Ata B. Obstetric outcomes and congenital abnormalities in infants conceived with oocytes matured in vitro. FVV in Obstetrics and Gynecology; 2014,(6)1;15 – 18.
- Ata B, Nayot D, Nedelchev A, Reinhold C, Tulandi T. Comparison of accuracy of 3D ultrasound and MRI for diagnosis of Mullerian anomalies. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2014;36(4):331–338.
- A Seyhan*, B Ata*, WY Son, MH Dahan, SL Tan. Comparison of complication rates and pain scores following transvaginal ultrasound guided oocyte pick-up procedures for in vitro maturation and in vitro fertilization cycles. Fertility Sterility 2014 Mar;101(3): 705 – 9.
- *Co-primary authors
- B Ata, A Seyhan, J Al-Shalaty, A Marzal Escriva, W Y Son, S L Tan. Effect of Body Mass Index on In Vitro Maturation Treatment Outcomes in Women without Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. J IVF Reprod Med Genet 2013 1, 104
- Reinblatt S, Herrero B, Correa JA, Shalom-Paz E, Ata B, Wiser A, Morris D, Holzer H. Thyroid stimulating hormone levels rise after assisted reproductive technology. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2013 Oct 30 (10): 1347 – 52.
- Ata B, Seyhan A, Polat M, Son WY, Yarali H, Dahan M. Reply: GnRHa trigger and modified luteal support with one bolus of hCG should be used with caution in extreme responder patients. Hum Reprod. 2013 Sep;28(9):2594-5
- Ata B, Seyhan A, Polat M, Young Son W, Yarali H, Dahan M. Risk factors for ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: relevance of the number of follicles, serum estradiol levels and the number of oocytes collected. Hum Reprod. 2013 Sep;28(9):2595
- Urman B, Alper E, Yakin K, Oktem O, Aksoy S, Alatas C, Mercan R, Ata B. Removal of unilateral endometriomas is associated with immediate and sustained reduction in ovarian reserve. Reprod Biomed Online. 2013 Aug;27(2):212-6
- Seyhan A, Ata B, Polat M, Son WY, Yarali H, Dahan MH. Severe early ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome following GnRH agonist trigger with the addition of 1500 IU hCG. Human Reproduction 2013 Sep;28(9):2522-8
- Uncu G, Kasapoglu I, Ozerkan K, Seyhan A, Oral Yilmaztepe A, Ata B. Prospective assessment of the impact of endometriomas and their removal on ovarian reserve and determinants of the rate of decline in ovarian reserve. Human Reproduction 2013 Aug;28(8):2140-5
- Seyhan A, Ata B, Tan SL (2012) In Vitro Maturation; improving the odds in infertility. Contemporary OB/GYN 2012 57:326-33.
- A Seyhan, B Ata, H.Y. Chen, A. C. Varghese, A Mumcu, S. L. Tan. Fertility preservation. Curr Obstet Gynecol Rep 2012 1:182–189
- Marks JL, Ata B, Tulandi T. Systematic review and metaanalysis of intraperitoneal instillation of local anesthetics for reduction of pain after gynecologic laparoscopy. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2012 Sep;19(5):545-53.
- Ata B, Kaplan B, Danzer H, Glassner M, Opsahl M, Tan SL, Munne S (2012) Comprehensive chromosome analysis with array-CGH shows that aneuploidy is not related with the number of embryos generated in an art cycle. Reprod Biomed Online. 2012 Jun;24(6):614-20
- Munné S, Held KR, Magli CM, Ata B, Wells D, Fragouli E, Baukloh V, Fischer R, Gianaroli L. (2012) Intra-age, intercenter, and intercycle differences in chromosome abnormalities in oocytes. Fertil Steril. 2012 Apr;97(4):935-42.
- Ata B, Rasillo LJ, Sukhdeo S, Son WY, Tan SL, Dahan MH (2011) Obstetrical outcomes of ivf trichorionic triamniotic triplets which are spontaneously or electively reduced to twins. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2011 Dec;28(12):1217-22
- Seyhan A and Ata B (2011) The role of corifollitropin alfa in GnRH antagonist stimulated IVF cycles. International Journal of Women’s Health 2011 3:243 - 255.
- Bromer J, Ata B, Seli M, Lockwood CJ, Seli E (2011) Preterm deliveries that result from ART associated multiple pregnancies in the US: A cost analysis. Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2011 Jun;23(3):168-73
- Ata B and Tulandi T (2011) Ultrasound Automated Volume Calculation in reproduction and pregnancy. Fertility Sterility 2011 Jun;95(7):2163-70
- Ata B, Zeng X, Son WY, Holzer H, Tan SL (2011) Follicular synchronisation using transdermal estradiol patch and GnRH antagonists in the luteal phase; does it increase oocyte yield in poor responders to gonadotropin stimulation for IVF? A comparative study with microdose flare-up protocol. Gynecological Endocrinology 2011 Nov;27(11):876-9.
- Shehata F, Levin I, Shrim A, Ata B, Weisz B, Gamzu R, Almog B (2011) Placenta/Birth Weight Ratio and Perinatal Outcome; a Retrospective Cohort Analysis. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2011 May;118(6):741-7
- Almog B, Shalom-Paz E, Shehata F, Ata B, Levin D, Holzer H, Tan SL (2011) Saline instillation sonohysterography test after normal baseline transvaginal sonography results in infertility patients. Is it justified? Gynecologic Endocrinology 2011 Apr;27(4):286-9.
- Ata B, Tan SL, Shehata F, Holzer H, Buckett W (2011) A systematic review of intravenous immunoglobulin for treatment of unexplained recurrent miscarriage. Fertility Sterility 2011 Mar 1;95(3):1080-1085
- Ata B, Seyhan A, Reinblatt SL, Shalom-Paz E, Krishnamurthy S, Tan SL (2011) Comparison of automated and manual follicle monitoring in an unrestricted population of 100 women undergoing controlled ovarian hyperstimulatıon for in vitro fertilization. Human Reproduction 2011 Jan;26(1):127-33.
- Ata B, Kucuk M, Seyhan A, Urman B (2010) Effect of high dose estrogen in luteal phase support on live birth rates after assisted reproduction treatment cycles. Journal of Reproductive Medicine 2010 Nov – Dec; 55(11 – 12):485 – 90.
- Zhang XY*, Ata B*, Son WY, Buckett W, Tan SL, Ao A (2010) Chromosome abnormality rates in human embryos obtained from in vitro maturation and from in vitro fertilization treatment cycles. Reproductive Biomedicine Online 2010 Oct;21(4):552-559. *Equal contribution authors
- Ebner T, Balaban B, Moser M, Shebl O, Urman B, Ata B, Tews G. (2010) Automatic user-independent zona pellucida imaging at the oocyte stage allows for the prediction of preimplantation development. Fertility and Sterility
- Levin I, Almog B, Ata B, Ratan G, Many A (2010) Clinical and sonographic findings in suspected retained trophoblast after pregnancy do not predict the disorder. Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology
- Ata B, E Shalom Paz, RC Chian, SL Tan (2010) In vitro maturation as a strategy for fertility preservation. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology 2010 Dec;53(4):775 - 86
- Ata B, Seli E. (2010) Economics of assisted reproductive technologies. Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Ata B, Urman B. (2010) ART register data on delivery rates. Human Reproduction
- Ata B, Chian RC, Tan SL (2010) Cryopreservation of oocytes and embryos for fertility preservation for female cancer patients Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics Gynaecology
- Ata B, Urman B. (2010) Single dose GnRH agonist administration in the luteal phase of assisted reproduction cycles: is the effect dependent on the type of GnRH analogue used for pituitary suppression? Reproductive Biomedicine Online
- Ata B, Buckett W. (2010) Cross-over design trials in infertility--how much multiplicity is too much? Fertility Sterility
- Ata B, Seyhan A, Orhaner S, Urman B. (2009) High dose cabergoline in management of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Fertility Sterility
- Pathophysiology of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and strategies for its prevention and treatment Expert Review of Obstretrics and Gynecology, Volume 4, Number 3, May 2009 , pp. 299-311(13)
- Urman B, Ata B, Yakin K, Alatas C, Aksoy S, Mercan R, Balaban B. (2009) Luteal phase empirical low molecular weight heparin administration in patients with failed ICSI embryo transfer cycles: a randomized open-labeled pilot trial. Human Reproduction
- Ata B, Tulandi T. (2009) Reassurance of safety of letrozole and suggested approaches in controlled ovarian hyperstimulation. Fertility Sterility
- Yakin K, Ata B, Ercelen N, Balaban B, Urman B. (2008) The effect of preimplantation genetic screening on the probability of live birth in young women with recurrent implantation failure; a nonrandomized parallel group trial. European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- B Balaban, B Ata, A Işıklar, K Yakın, B Urman (2008) Severe cytoplasmic abnormalities of the oocyte decrease cryosurvival and subsequent embryonic development of cryopreserved embryos Human Reproduction
- Ates U, Ata B, Ortakuz S, Seyhan A, Urman B. (2008) Prevention of adhesion formation following ovarian surgery in a standardized animal model: comparative study of Interceed and double layer Surgicell. The Journal of Obstetric and Gynaecological Research; 34 (1): 12 – 17.
- B Ata, K Yakın, B Balaban, B Urman (2008) Embryo implantation rates in natural and stimulated assisted reproduction treatment cycles in poor responders. Reproductive Biomedicine Online 2008 Aug; 17(2): 207 – 212.
- Ata B, Yakin K, Balaban B, Urman B. (2008) GnRH agonist administration in the luteal phase in ICSI-ET cycles stimulated with the long GnRH agonist protocol: a randomized controlled double blind study. Human Reproduction, 2008 Mar;23(3):668-73
- Ata B, Yakin K, Alatas C, Urman B. (2008) Dual Renin Angiotensin Blockage and Total Embryo Cryopreservation is not a risk free strategy in patients at high risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Fertility and Sterility
- B Balaban, B Urman, B Ata, A Işıklar, MG Larman, B Hamilton, DK Gardner (2008) Human day 3 embryo cryopreservation by slow freezing or vitrification: Analysis of metabolism and viability. Human Reproduction
- Urman B, Yakin K, Ata B, Balaban B. (2008) The effect of hyaluronan enriched transfer medium on implantation and pregnancy rates following day 3 and day 5 embryo transfers: a prospective randomized study. Fertility and Sterility
- Ata B, Urman B. (2008) Ultrasound guided embryo transfer does not offer any benefit in clinical outcome: a randomized controlled study. Human Reproduction, February 2008; 23: 457 – 458 (letter)
- Seyhan A, Ata B, Sıdal B, Urman B. (2008) Medical treatment of uterocutaneous fistula with GnRH agonist. Obstetrics and Gynecology, February 2008; 111: 526 -528 (case report)
- Urman B, Ata B (2007) Luteal phase support in assisted reproduction treatment. Middle East Fertility Society Journal 12(3) 190 – 196.
- Urman B, Yakin K, Ata B, Balaban B. (2007) How can we improve current blastocyst grading systems. Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Jun;19 (3):273 – 8.
- Ata B, Isiklar A, Balaban B, Urman B. (2007) A prospective randomized comparison of the Wallace and Labotect embryo transfer catheters. Reproductive Biomedicine Online. April 14 (4); 471 – 6
- Ata B, Ates U, Usta T, Attar E. (2005) Cervical Endometriosis, a Case Presenting With Intractable Spotting. Medscape General Medicine. 2005 April 7, 7(1). (case report)
- Ates U, Ata B, Armagan F, Has R, Sidal B. (2004) Acute effects of maternal smoking on fetal hemodynamics, International Journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics 2004 Oct;87(1): 14 – 8.
- Berber E, Berber I, Avtan L, Ata B, Azamak A, Avcı C (2002) Laparoscopic vagatomy using mini-instruments in the rat: A new laparoscopic small animal model. Surgery Today 2002 Vol 32 (6);498 – 502
• Outstanding Faculty Award, Research, Koç University 2020
• Outstanding Faculty Award, Teaching, Koç University, 2020
• Crystal Gull, Kadıköy Anadolu Lisesi, 2019
• Beacon Award from UNESCO-International Cell Research Organization, 2018.
• Prize Paper of the Society of Assisted Reproduction, 72nd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, 18 Oct 2016
• Poster presentation award, 1st place - 6th Biannual Meeting of the Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine, Antalya, Turkey, 6 – 9 Nov 2014
• Poster presentation award, 2nd place - 6th Biannual Meeting of the Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine, Antalya, Turkey, 6 – 9 Nov 2014
• Excellent contribution to peer review process - Oxford University Press - Human Reproduction Update 2013
• Best research protocol for determining optimal use of micronized progesterone in assisted reproductive technology cycles – Kocak Ilac & Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine 2012
• Excellent contribution to peer review process - Oxford University Press - Human Reproduction 2011 & 2009
• Excellence in Reproductive Gynecological Endocrinology and Infertility Award – McGill University, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology –2010
• Multiple awards from every employing institution for quality of patient care.