Sperm cryopreservation is recommended for those men who –
· undergo a medical therapy that can affect their fertility, such as chemotherapy or radiation, or testicular cancer surgery.
· go through long-term medical treatment during which they are not allowed to conceive due to increased risks of having a baby with abnormalities
· Not be available at the time of the IVF/ICSI due to work or other important engagements.
· experience difficulty in producing a semen sample when required
· Produce a very low sperm concentration and therefore are advised to have a frozen sperm sample back up.
· are donating sperm