· SHG is generally performed after the completion of the menstrual cycle. In females not menstruating (including postmenopausal women or who are on medicines suppressing the menstrual cycle), the test can be performed at any time.
· Firstly, a vaginal ultrasound evaluation is done.
· The next step is introducing a thin catheter, via the cervix, into the uterine cavity.
· Sterile saline solution is inserted into the uterus and the Ultrasound scanning performed..
· The uterus gets filled with the saline solution, assisting in outlining the uterine walls and cavity. In this way, abnormalities can be visualized including polyps, fibroids, or scar tissue inside the uterus.